Strategic planning in the nonprofit setting is not all that different from the business setting. The thought process is the same, but the bottom line is the impact your programs and services have on the intended population.
Strategic Planning Basics
- Define your vision, mission, and core values
- Define where you are now and where you want to be in the future
- Set organizational goals with annual targets for measuring progress
- Create and implement an operational plan to achieve each annual target
- Review your progress and make any adjustments quarterly
Don’t worry if you aren’t reaching every single target. Learning what your team is good at and where there is room for improvement is an important part of the process. Adjust your targets to your current capacity and pursue staff training for weak areas. Adjusting targets to current staff capacity and improving as you go, rather than pointing out shortcomings and blaming team members, will set your team up for success and motivate them to improve.
Request a FREE 30 minute consultation to find out how we can help you increase revenue and impact!